Gather your friends for a festive and fun wreath-making party! Instead of the traditional evergreen variety, create a modern wreath, using lollipop sticks, Styrofoam, and other craft supplies.
Get into the holiday spirit by downloading, printing, and sending out our party invitation:
Then, follow the steps below, and watch this simple video tutorial to learn how to make your beautiful Lollipop Stick Wreath:
Lollipop Stick Wreaths
Supplies for 3 (12-inch) wreaths:
- 150 short lollipop sticks
- 150 long lollipop sticks
- 3 (12-inch) Styrofoam wreaths
- Gold spray paint
- 1-inch paintbrushes
- Glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Mod Podge
- Small plastic cups (to hold Mod Podge and glitter)
- Spray-paint Styrofoam wreath with metallic gold spray paint. Let dry for 15 minutes on each side.
- Using the ribbon, tie a loop and a pretty bow or knot around your wreath. Decide where you want to hang the wreath, then measure the ribbon and placement of the bow. Once tied, pull the ribbon tight so that the portion holding the wreath is flush against the Styrofoam circle. Hot-glue this portion directly onto your wreath.
- Before you glue the sticks, use a long lollipop stick to make indentations in the Styrofoam at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions to help the sticks stay put while the glue dries. Space indentations 3/4 inch to 1 inch apart.
- Hot-glue long sticks into the indentions on the Styrofoam wreath. (The 12 o’clock stick will be glued to the piece of ribbon on the wreath.)
- Make indentations between each of the long sticks for the short sticks. Hot-glue a short stick into each indention to fill the wreath.
- When hot glue has dried, spray entire wreath with gold metallic spray paint (spray the front and back and the ends of the sticks). Let dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Once spray paint has dried, dip a paintbrush into Mod Podge, then into glitter, and cover wreath with golden glitter paste. If desired, sprinkle more glitter on top of the glitter paste.
- Allow wreath to dry completely for at least 2 hours.
Make sure to set up some tasty treats — like these Festive Fudge and Salted Caramel Bites — and a spirited beverage everyone will enjoy.
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen white grape juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (750-ml) bottle chilled Riesling
- Rosemary Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1 red pear, cored and sliced
- 1 blood orange, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 (750-ml) bottle chilled Prosecco
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- In a large pitcher, stir together grape juice concentrate, Riesling, and Rosemary Simple Syrup. Add apple and next 7 ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Just before serving, stir in Prosecco. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- In a medium saucepan, stir together 1 1/2 cups water and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add rosemary, and let cool completely. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Strain mixture into a large bowl, discarding solids before using.