Brrr! It’s cold out there. Embrace the chilly season by throwing a snow-themed party for the kiddos, complete with winter-white small bites, a fun craft, and a festive takeaway.
Create the Look:
- Set up a wintry scene with fake snow, white trees, pinecones, and snowmen. A color palette of white, silver, and blue ties it all together.
- Purchase a piece of white fur fabric at your local arts-and-crafts store, and use it as a table topper to create a snowy look.
- For décor, make snowmen with Styrofoam balls. Use a skewer to hold three balls together, and then wrap the balls with yarn. To carry on the theme, thread cotton balls of various sizes onto fishing line, and hang together with snowflakes in front of the windows so that it appears to be snowing.
- For a fun activity, set up a snowflake- decorating station where party
guests can paint and stamp frosty creations. Before the children leave, hand out cellophane bags filled with marshmallows as a “snow” party favor.
- Find cute downloadable invitations to send, like this one from paperstyle.com.