Need a few quick-fix meals for the week, but also want it to be delicious? Here are four recipes that are made with 6 ingredients or less. Whether you are looking for something light and filling or hearty and comforting, these dishes will get you in and out of the kitchen quickly, but deliver scrumptious options for dinner. With 6 ingredients or less you can be sure the prep time is quick!
The kiddos will love these choices: Pork and Pepper Calzones and Turkey Sloppy Joes. Pair with a quick side that you can prepare while these are cooking. For the calzones, try a quick salad, and for the Joes try corn on the cob.
- 1 (1-pound) package spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (1-pound) package frozen pepper stir-fry mix
- 2 (11-ounce) cans refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and crumbly. Add stir-fry mix, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a clean flat surface, unroll pizza dough. Cut each in half crosswise. Divide sausage mixture evenly over 1 side of each dough rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border on 3 sides. Top each evenly with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons feta cheese. Fold dough over to completely enclose filling, pinching edges to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 (11.25-ounce) box frozen garlic toast, baked according to package directions (optional)
- Garnish: shredded sharp
- Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, combine turkey and onion. Cook over medium heat until turkey is browned and crumbly; drain well. Add chili sauce, ketchup, and vinegar, mixing well. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over toasted garlic bread, and garnish with shredded cheese, if desired.