In the spirit of celebrating National Barbecue Month, we are sharing this delicious recipe for Pulled Pork Biscuit Sliders! Savory and overflowing with right-off-the-grill taste, these biscuits are the perfect dish to serve this summer!
Did you know that 52 percent of grill owners barbecued on Memorial Day in 2013, the second biggest grilling holiday? Neither did we!
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 12 prepared biscuits, cut in half
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw
- In a medium saucepan over medium- high heat, combine ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, paprika, mustard, garlic salt, and pepper. Cook until sugar dissolves and sauce is hot, about 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Place pork shoulder in the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker; pour sauce over meat. Cook on high for 2 hours; reduce heat to low, and cook for 6 hours, or until tender. Remove pork from slow cooker, and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Using a fork, shred pork into small pieces. Pour sauce from slow cooker into a medium bowl, and set aside. Return pork to slow cooker, and add just enough sauce to coat. Turn slow cooker to warm until ready to serve. Refrigerate remaining sauce until ready to serve.
- Place about 1⁄3 cup pork on bottom half of each biscuit; top with about 2 tablespoons coleslaw and remaining half of biscuit. Serve with additional sauce.