Give your beef stew a twist with the addition of new vegetables and seasonings.
Mediterranean Beef Stew
Write a review
3 hr 30 min
3 hr 30 min
- 4 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 5 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked Israeli couscous
- Garnish: crumbled feta cheese
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat
- 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of beef, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan, and cook remaining beef for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Add carrots, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in broth, next 4 ingredients, and beef. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 3 hours or until beef is tender. Add green beans and next 4 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Serve over Israeli couscous, and garnish with crumbled feta, if desired.
Celebrate Magazine http://www.celebratemag.com/