You can treat your tastebuds with more than just candy on Halloween. Bite into one of our oh-so-tempting apple treats this fall. With a flavor that hosts the perfect balance of sweet and savory, apples pair brilliantly with a variety of sweet flavors. We have apples covered in chocolate, cookies-and-cream, white chocolate, caramel, vanilla cream, and candy coating. In the deep, rustic hues of autumn, these Halloween apples make for a beautiful display when combined on a tray, and are an easy dessert for a casual fall dinner.
Pistachios give our Green-With-Envy treat, a chocolate covered Granny Smith apple, a nutty taste that complements the sour apple and sweet chcolate exquisitely. Check out our other delicious recipes for the Sinfully Sweet Cookies-and-Cream Apples, Trick-or-Treat Orange Candy Apples, Ghostly White Chocolate-Caramel Apples, Death-by-Chocolate Apples, and Good and Evil Apples below.
- 6 to 8 medium-large Granny Smith apples, washed and dried, stems removed
- Wooden craft sticks
- 1 (16-ounce) package chocolate-
- flavored candy coating*
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- Line a baking sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Insert wooden craft sticks into apples.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. Spoon into a medium bowl. Dip apples into melted candy coating, turning to coat. Allow excess to drip off. Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with pistachios. Let cool completely. Replace wooden craft sticks with food-safe decorative sticks, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
- *We tested with CandiQuik.