Hippity hop hop! Easter is on the way. With the weather warming up, spend some time outside. What better way to celebrate the holiday and the season than with an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos?
Think spring with your décor! Pastel colors and seasonal flowers such as tulips and daffodils are perfect choices for this fun-filled event.
Send the kiddos home with a simple party favor. Find chalk eggs at the dollar store, and place a couple in colorful mini baskets. Tie our favor tag around the handle to complete the look.
Find all the fun Easter egg hunt printables you need for the party—including invitations, table banner, lunch-box labels, and favor tags.
Jelly beans and marshmallow Peeps are classic candies of the Easter season. Decorate festive cupcakes with these jovial holiday sweets.
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box Funfetti cake mix*
- Grassy Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
- Garnish: watermelon Sour Punch straws, pastel jelly beans, yellow bunny Peeps
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread or pipe Grassy Cream Cheese Frosting over cupcakes. Garnish with Sour Punch straws, jelly beans, and bunny Peeps, if desired. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- *We used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Funfetti Cake Mix.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in food coloring and vanilla.
For more Easter egg hunt ideas, check out the March/April issue of Celebrate Magazine.