Who doesn’t love getting a package in the mail? Ripping off packing tape and opening a box to get to the treats inside makes any day feel like Christmas morning–which, by the way, is coming up fast! That’s why this week’s Friday Five is a collection of our favorite subscription boxes from around the Internet. If you need a quick holiday present, these boxes are the gifts that literally keep on giving. Give someone a gift subscription and they’ll be reminded of your thoughtful gesture every time a box appears on their porch.
- Chocolate bars, peanut butter cups, and truffles–oh my! This box delivers 5-7 chocolatey treats specially selected to suite your (or your friend’s) taste. With an astounding array of flavors and products, any chocolate lover will be ecstatic to get one of these blue boxes in the mail. You can choose from 1-, 3-, or 6-month subscriptions, depending on your personal dedication to chocolate. Chocoburb, prices vary, chocoburb.com.
- These beautiful little baskets carry handmade gifts from around the world right to your doorstep. From fair trade hot chocolate to mugs and scarves, the variety of products is impressive. Each package holds a handmade basket made by a worker in one of three weaving groups in Oaxacan, Mexico, so you can feel good knowing your purchase is benefiting artisan businesses. GlobeIn, prices vary, globein.com.
- This reusable keepsake box brings five beauty treats each month, hand-picked by global experts. From perfume to makeup to skin care, the products that make it to your door come from niche, high-end, and emerging brands, so there’s always something new to try. Choose from 1-, 6-, and 12-month plans to get the beauty fix that’s right for you or your loved one. GLOSSYBOX, prices vary, glossybox.com.
- With blends from Darjeeling, Assam, Nepal, and more, this box is perfect for the tea connoisseur. Whether you prefer black, white, green, oolong, or any other tea blend, an online quiz ensures that each box is full of brews catered to your taste. Bonus–if you don’t like what they send, they guarantee to replace it with a new box for free with your next month’s delivery. Teabox, prices vary, teabox.com.
- If you’re a foodie with a touch of wanderlust, this little box is bursting with flavors from around the world. A mix of scrumptious sweet and savory treats and cultural ingredients gives you a taste of a new country each month. Since the selections are curated by notable chefs from around the globe, rest assured the products coming to you are of the highest quality and taste. Try the World, prices vary, trytheworld.com.