Caesar Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Makes 10 servings
Write a review
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into
- 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 6-ounce) boxes long-grain and wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups frozen French-cut green beans
- 11/2 cups creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1 (5-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Caesar-flavored croutons, crushed
- Line a 31/2-quart baking dish with heavy-duty aluminum foil, letting edges extend over sides of baking dish. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken, reserving drippings in skillet, and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onion to reserved drippings in skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until just tender. Remove from heat, and stir in chicken, rice, green beans, dressing, and cheese. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish, and top with crushed croutons.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or until hot and bubbly.
- To freeze: Wrap baking dish in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and freeze for 8 hours or until frozen. Remove plastic wrap, and using foil as handles, remove casserole from baking dish. Wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap and again in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Freeze casserole for up to 1 month. To thaw, unwrap casserole, removing all foil and plastic wrap. Transfer frozen casserole to original baking dish. Cover, and thaw overnight in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Celebrate Magazine http://www.celebratemag.com/