Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped zucchini (about 1 large)
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend, divided
- 11/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 (17.5-ounce) package soft taco-sized flour tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can green chile enchilada sauce
- Garnish: sliced green onion
- Line a 13x9-inch baking dish with heavy-duty aluminum foil, letting edges extend over sides of baking dish. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add spinach, stirring until spinach is wilted. Cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in beans and next 3 ingredients, stirring until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese and taco seasoning mix. Spoon about 1/3 cup filling down center of each tortilla. Roll up to enclose filling, and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake for 50 minutes covered. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with sliced green onion, if desired.
- To freeze: Wrap baking dish in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and freeze for 8 hours or until frozen. Remove plastic wrap, and using foil as handles, remove casserole from baking dish. Wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap and again in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Freeze casserole for up to 1 month. To thaw, unwrap casserole, removing all foil and plastic wrap. Set frozen casserole back in original baking dish. Cover, and thaw overnight in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Celebrate Magazine http://www.celebratemag.com/