Confetti sprinkles and a maraschino cherry on top of these Carnival Cupcakes provide just the right amount of whimsy for this special occasion.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- Fluffy Cream Cheese Icing (recipe follows)
- Garnish: rainbow jimmies, maraschino cherries
- Prepare cake mix following cupcake directions. Let cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack. Cover tops of cupcakes with Fluffy Cream Cheese Icing. Garnish with rainbow jimmies and maraschino cherries, if desired.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add whipped topping, beating to combine.