We love some cool treats during the summertime! When the temps reach over 90 it’s good to be able to refresh with an indulgent goodie. And, these recipes are exactly what you need to bring the temp down. Pineapple, key lime, cherry, and peanut butter…these are the flavors that make us happy. Try each of them over the last weeks of summer!
Creamy and decadent Cherries-And-Cream Pops and a Pineapple-Rum-Mint Granita – here are two scrumptious ways to get in your fruits!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat sour cream, confectioner’s sugar, and lemon juice at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add chilled cream; beat at high speed until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat). Gently fold in pie filling, leaving some white streaks. Spoon into small paper cups*. Tap on countertop to release air bubbles. Insert a wooden Popsicle stick (craft stick) into the center of each pop. Place cups on a small rimmed baking sheet. Freeze for 6 hours, or until completely firm.
- When ready to serve, use kitchen scissors to cut a small notch on the rim of each cup; gently peel off paper cup.
- *We tested with Dixie® 3-ounce disposable paper cups.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large fresh mint sprigs
- 3 cups pineapple juice*
- 1/2 cup white rum
- Garnish: fresh mint, pineapple chunks
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add mint; cover, and let stand for 15 minutes, pressing mint occasionally with the back of a spoon. Discard mint. In a large, shallow, freezer-safe dish, combine mint mixture, pineapple juice, and rum. Cover, and freeze until firm, about 6 hours.
- Scrape surface of frozen pineapple mixture with a fork until fluffy. Moisten edges of serving dishes with water; dip in sugar. Spoon granita into prepared serving dishes. Garnish with mint and pineapple, if desired. Serve immediately.
- *We tested with Libby’s® Pineapple Juice.